Parking Services has developed a new, usage-based pricing structure that better accommodates the various ways our community will now commute to campus, which may result in cost-saving alternatives. Fees will be based on daily use with monthly/semester caps, which align to the previous fee structure for annual permit holders.
Parking AssignmentsFall parking assignments will be made in a way that supports increased walkability and decreases the shuttle demand for shorter trips whenever possible. Your flexibility with these changes will allow for resources to be allocated to non-walkable routes and to effectively support physical distancing.
- Residential students will be assigned parking based on their residence hall location.
- Commuter students will be eligible to park at the Michael Street, Peavine, and Starvine Parking Decks. This will allow students with classes in multiple locations to park close to their destination.
RegistrationClick here for PDF summary
- Online student parking registration is open. https://myaccount.parking.emory.edu/Account/Portal
- Purchased student permits can only be picked up at the parking office and will not be mailed. Permit pick-up BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. You will receive the link to book your appointment in your permit purchase email confirmation Permit pick-up BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Permits were activated on August 15th.
- If you will no longer be residing at your permanent mailing address on file after August 10th, please select Campus Pick Up. You will receive a scheduled time and location to pick up your permit.
- Commuter Students: Although our pricing structure is changing, you will not need to do anything on your end to be charged per use rather than the capped amount. Our system will be able to detect your usage and determine which billing structure suits your parking needs.
- Commuter Students: Acquiring a permit does not mean that you will pay a monthly fee for parking. Instead, you will only be charged for your usage.
Emory policy prohibits residential freshmen students from parking on campus. However, we understand that there will be students with special circumstances that require an exception to this policy. In order to be considered for an exception, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Exceptions granted will be valid through 12/31/2020.
Permit Parking FAQs