Vanpool Program at Emory
- A group of 7–15 commuters rent a van through Douglas County.
- Douglas County provides insurance and maintenance.
- All costs are shared by the group.
- Passengers take turns driving.
- Everyone agrees to meet in the mornings and afternoons at a central location at an agreed-upon departure time.
- Anyone registered to drive the van can use it during the day to run errands or go to lunch.
- The van has a subsidized reserved parking space on campus.
- Emory covers up to $100 of the vanpool cost per employee each month.
- Vanpool participants get a parking pass to park their own vehicles on campus up to 20 times each year.