Incentives and Responsibilities
Vanpools provide parking benefits and other incentives:
All vanpool members must turn in their Emory hangtags before receiving a special vanpool hangtag and/or other incentives.
- Free parking with a minimum of seven eligible employees from Emory University and/or Emory Healthcare
- Eligible employees receive a $51 subsidy per month for 2012/2013
- Reserved parking space (spaces assigned based on high-top van space availability in parking decks or street space available)
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Occasional Parking Permits
NOTE: Only vanpools registered through the Parking Office can benefit from the incentives offered
- Picking up/dropping off passengers at designated site(s)
- Driving passengers safely to and from work sites
- Maintain driving record according to requirements
- Submitting monthly payments to primary driver on time
- Arriving at pre-arranged pick-up sites on time
- Giving a 20-day notice if leaving the vanpool
- Helping to recruit new passengers for the vanpool
- Keeping the van clean
NOTE: Vanpooling is a full-time commitment and participants are expected to pay a monthly fee (may be discounted by employer subsidies), which covers the lease and maintenance of the vehicle. Participants are also expected to contribute to the fuel fund.
- Developing and agreeing upon vanpool guidelines and expectations
The cost of operating the vanpool is shared among the members. The number of participants and the round-trip commute mileage determine the cost of the vanpool.
Follow us on TWITTER!
We're twittering! Follow us @TPSinTouch to get the most current updates about local traffic, shuttle...
No more back-in or pull-through parking
Emory TPS is in the process of implementing license plate recognition as an enforcement tool for cam...
Out late on campus? Use SafeRide or NightOwl to get home safely
If you are out late on campus, you should always travel in groups of two or more people. If you nee...